Your local and best pest control service in
Simple Pest Management provides the Lakeside area with reliable & effective elimination of insects and rodents. We have pest control programs for all different types of residences including single family homes, condos, and apartment buildings. We also service commercial properties including food processing facilities, restaurants, schools, office buildings and many other types of locations. At Simple Pest Management, we go out of our way to tailor service to our customer’s specific needs; whether they are looking for year-round protection or a one-time service.
Simple Pest Management strives to exceed our client’s expectations, from the moment our technicians arrive. All of our technicians are uniformed; are licensed, bonded and insured. But beyond these basics, you will find that they are professionals and will treat your home as they would that if their own family. We use the latest technology available in the pest control industry and have the experience to understand how and when to use the advanced tools and when to use basic, old fashioned hard work.
This is the difference with our company. We understand that technology won’t always solve the problem if you don’t have skilled technicians in control.
100% satisfaction Guaranteed
No matter how clean your home looks from the interior and exterior, pest infestation is always possible. Pests and rodents are found to bud in a safe and cool environment. Thus, your home may also be a shelter for several pests, bugs, rodents, and even birds. They nestle up in a quiet corner of your home or the sewage pipes, or even small cracks and crevices of your building. Mostly, you will not be able to find them unless they start breeding and make a community. That’s when you need to call the Lakeside pest control service to exterminate these unwanted invaders.
You must understand that these invaders not only damage your home but also impart several diseases. So, it is always better to take care of the initial period to stay easy and free from these bugs. Although every pest is dangerous, the worst enemy of the Wisconsin state is the termite.
A termite infestation can turn your beautiful home to ruins if it is not taken care of properly. So, in this guide, we will tell you all that you need to know about termites, their life cycle, and how Lakeside pest control can help you save your precious wooden furniture and beams in time.
What you need to know about termites
Everybody knows that termites are insects that eat into wood and breed there. But, interestingly, they are a far more reach out history that will stun you. It is being researched that termites originated during the late Jurassic period, and since then, they have been into existence. They are the most successful group of insects that are found in almost every continent, except Antarctica.
Scientists have found that they belong to the sister group of cockroaches that feed on wood. But they are quite small to be noticed unless they have created a colony. The colony of termites includes queen termites, nymphs, and adults, which is pretty much like the bees. However, their size range can be a few million individuals. If proper measures are not taken at the right time, you might be living in between them.
The termites are generally blind. This means that they can see where they are moving and sink their teeth in anything they can find. Wood being soft to chomp, most colonies are found in the wooden furniture, window sills, doors, and anything that might be made of wood. This weakens your furniture and costs you heavily if your home foundation beams are made up of wood.
Termites are broadly classified into dry wood termites and subterranean termites. Wisconsin is quite at the mercy of the subterranean termites, as are most parts of Eastern USA. They are the most common termites in the USA, and their occurrence can be linked with the fall of summer.
How to identify termite infestation signs?
To control the termite invasion or colonization, it is advisable to look out for general signs. Lakeside pest control has identified a few general signs. When the subterranean termites invade your home, you may not notice at first, but as the colony starts to grow, you can find the following identification points:
- The blisters’ appearance on the wooden floor – the termites cause damage to your floor and look like the floor has water damage.
- Hollowed wood – the termites chew through the wood as they feed on the cellulose, thereby creating grooves. This affects the structural strength of the wood. Make sure if you find any hole or a honeycomb groove on the surface of the wood. You can also look for pellets that look like sawdust.
- Swarms appearance – if you find any discarded wing at the home access points like windows or doors, there is a high probability that the infestation has started.
- The appearance of mud tubes structure – termites thrive in a moist environment. Thus, they try to nest underground. So, you can find mud tubes in and around your home that leads underground, and there’s your green signal.
So, these are some of the signs that you must keep an eye on.
The extermination of termites
Termite infestation occurs because of carelessness from the first moment. It always starts from one termite to build its colony. If you seek professional help, you must know that termites are excellent hiders, and it is quite challenging to eradicate every one of them. However, Lakeside pest control is trained to find exactly the colony’s base and remove the bud from its roots. Once they identify the queen, they remove it from the comb and perform different termite treatment methods to clear up space.
There are different treatments and processes, which are listed as follows:
- Bait systems are used to attract the termites from the initial source to a different source to build their colony. Once the colony is built, a control agent is introduced to kill the colony. This is used for moderate termite infestation.
- Liquid and foam sprays are used to kill the termites upon contact. This treatment is recommended as a preventive measure. The perimeter of your house is secured with the control agent. This prevents the termites from entering your home in the first place.
- If your property is seriously infested with termites, fumigation needs to be done. Fumigation is a special process that makes your home pest and termite-free. However, it uses a heavy chemical agent, and thus, your whole property must be evacuated first. This is also known as tenting, where the exterminators cover the whole house and introduce the control agent. The control agent is in the form of gas that can enter into the cracks and crevices of the walls, floors, and ceiling to kill all the pests and bugs.
However, you must know that you cannot get rid of the termites permanently from your environment. Therefore, periodic preventive maintenance needs to be done. Call in the experts from time to time and try the termite treatment processes to keep your home safe from bugs, pests, and termites.
How to recover from the costs associated with extermination
The extermination process can be costly, based on the degree of infestation. But the wise choice is to have preventive maintenance once in a while. You can do this yourself as well if your property is not intruded on by termites yet. You can buy foam sprays from over the counters and spray across the perimeter of your home and all the access points on a bi-weekly basis.
If your home was already affected by the termites and you have done termite control once, your best option would be to seek professional help and change the damaged wood. You can also draft an annual service agreement with Lakeside pest control to protect your home against these termites fully. The annual service agreement will cover all the essential services required to keep your home safe and sound. Moreover, a full-year agreement also reduces the cost of service as a whole. This is a very budget-friendly option. Some of the agreements also have other pests and rodent control, and the agreement is customizable. So, after a year, you can subscribe to a different service agreement based on your bug-protection needs.